In 2013 and 2014, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) was the only Malaysian university to enter the Top 50 Under 50 category. However this year, we have three more universities joining the Top 50 Under 50 ranking resulting with two of the universities surpassing UKM.
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) gained the highest ranking among the four Malaysian Universities at 26th. If you can remember in 2008, USM was chosen by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education as the most suited and prepared public university to attain a top 100 world class ranking within the foreseeable future. USM is the only APEX (for Excellence Accelerated Programme for Excellence) university in the country.
Taking the 30 and 32 spots, respectively are Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, a research-intensive university in engineering, science and technology and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) . Last but not the least, Universiti Putra Malaysia took the 38th spot.
Below listed are Top 10 Universities Under 50 2015 Rankings:
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (Singapore)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
- KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (South Korea)
- City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- POSTECH – Pohang University of Science and Technology (South Korea)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong)
- University of Bath (United Kingdom)
- Maastricht University (Netherlands)
- Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Spain)
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain)
Is your university in the list? Let us know.