Guide to Hong Kong Student Visa

By EasyUni Staff | Last modified 11 Nov 2017
Share this page with friends


You must submit an application form along with proof of identity, evidence of your academic qualifications and a financial statement to the Immigration Department. It will normally take six weeks to process a visa or entry permit application for study upon receipt of all the required documents, so it’s always the best to apply as far in advance.


Just a reminder that you will have to renew your visa annually in order to continue your studies. You should do this four weeks before your old visa expires.


  • Form ID995A completed and signed

  • Form ID995B completed and signed by sponsor (seek help from your university)

  • Photocopy of your identity card and/or travel documents

  • One recent photo of yourself (affixed on form ID995A)

  • A photocopy of your letter of admission from an education institution in Hong Kong, as well as your letter accepting their admission

  • Evidence of your financial standing (bank statements, passbooks, proof of scholarship funds, etc.)

  • Evidence of your accommodation arrangement in Hong Kong


Please contact your institution for visa information upon admission. Your institutions will be willing to help you apply for visas or entry permits, or sometimes even complete the process for you.


For details of the policy on entry for study, please visit Hong Kong Immigration Department's website.

(Credit to Education Post)
Posted on 09 Oct 2017
Study Abroad