About this course
Demand is increasing for managers to be able to not just successfully operate in their home market, but also in the ever more globalised economy. Expansion into international markets presents companies with several challenges which require understanding, adaptation, and market-specific business best practices. This is exactly where our Master of Arts in International Management comes in. Our four-semester master's programme International Management is application-oriented and imparts in-depth knowledge in economic subjects and basic specialist knowledge in the elective area. With our Master in International Management degree you have the opportunity to not only gain a top degree in business and management but also major in the career field most attractive to you.
Plus, brand new for 2021, we have a shorter, two-semester option for this programme worth 60 ECTS credits—great for if you are looking to gain core fundamentals in management and soft skills.
- Completed degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution.
- For 60-ECTS programmes, you will need to have already acquired 240 ECTS credits.
- For 120-ECTS programmes, you will need to have 180 ECTS credits.
- At least a “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent earned in your previous education
If you do not have the required amount of credits, you may be able to take a TASC exam (see Further Options for Admission) or enrol in another way. Please talk to our student recruitment team for help.
At IU, we teach in English to prepare you for the international market.
We therefore ask for proof of your English language skills*. If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you don’t need to prove your English skills.
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. B grade overall) or
- Equivalent proof
*Proof must be provided before the start of the study and must not be older than two years.
Aptitude Test TASC
If you are applying to a Master programme but do not have sufficient ECTS credits to enrol, you can take the TASC test to qualify for the degree you want.
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IU degree programme to which you are applying.
- For 240 ECTS from first degree: direct access possible
- For 210 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
- For 180 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
Please send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
- Managing Across Borders
- Advanced Research Methods
- Intercultural Management
- Performance Measurement
- Applied Statistics
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- International Marketing
- International Financial Management
- International Financial Accounting
- Seminar: International Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Seminar: Current Issues in International Management
- M.I.M Electives (Choose 2)
- Master Thesis & Colloquium