About this course
Computer Science is at the centre of our daily lives, transforming the way we live, work, travel, and much more. Developments in this area are rapidly changing many industries and if you become an expert in computer science, you could start an exciting career in a field of your choosing. Many people enjoy the interaction between computer science and the human experience, so use their degree to gain great positions in companies at the forefront of technological advancements. Whether mobility, medicine, design, or communications, with this degree, you can become a central key in creating and developing new systems and tech for a better, faster, more efficient world.
At IU, we teach in English to prepare you for the international market.
We therefore ask for proof of your English language skills*. If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you don’t need to prove your English skills.
- TOEFL (min. 80 points) or
- IELTS (min. Level 6) or
- Duolingo English test (min. 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (min. B grade overall) or
- Equivalent proof
*Proof must be provided before the start of the study and must not be older than two years.
- Completed degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution.
- For 60-ECTS programmes, you will need to have already acquired 240 ECTS credits.
- For 120-ECTS programmes, you will need to have 180 ECTS credits.
- At least a “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent earned in your previous education
If you do not have the required amount of credits, you may be able to take a TASC exam (see Further Options for Admission) or enrol in another way. Please talk to our student recruitment team for help.
Aptitude Test TASC
If you are applying to a Master programme but do not have sufficient ECTS credits to enrol, you can take the TASC test to qualify for the degree you want.
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IU degree programme to which you are applying.
- For 240 ECTS from first degree: direct access possible
- For 210 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
- For 180 ECTS from first degree: must take a qualification test (TASC)
Please send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
- Programming with Python
- Software Engineering: Software Process
- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced Statistics
- Data Science
- Project: Software Engineering
- Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Seminar: Computer Science and Society
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Technologies
- Project: Computer Science Project
- Seminar: Current Topics in Computer Science
- Networks and Distributed Systems
- Electives A
- Electives B
- Master Thesis