About this course
This programme aims to provide students with an educational experience which will groom and develop their professional aptitudes and attitudes. It also facilitates students to become inter-disciplinary product design professionals, equipped to meet both local and global needs. In addition, the programme also aims to nurture and develop students’ intellectual capacity, practical abilities and professional attributes.
Sustaining the notion of project-based learning, an element that is firmly embedded in design studies, the programme encourages active engagement with all aspects of practice. This includes an understanding of the theoretical framework of the subject and the creative application to produce imaginative yet practical outcomes.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 6 or equivalent.
- Products, Styles & Brands
- Product Design Masters
- History of Art
- Visual Perception & Drawing
- Design Communication & Processes
- Form, Structure & Function
- Materials & Fabrication Processes
- Digital Visualisation & Sketching
- GE Core Module: English for Academic Studies 1
- GE Core Module: Chinese 1
- GE Core Module: Creativity & Innovation in Society
- Design Processes & Lifestyle Products
- Interior Products Design
- Surface Modeling & Presentation
- Solid Modeling & Prototyping
- Design History
- User Experience Design
- Programme Elective 1
- Programme Elective 2
- GE Elective Module 1
- GE Core Module: Technology, Society & Work
- GE Core Module: Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Emerging Technology & Trends
- Product Opportunity & Strategy
- Production & Portfolio: Product Redesign
- Programme Elective 3
- GE Core Module: English for Academic Studies 2
- GE Core Module: English for Professional Purposes
- GE Core Module: Chinese 2
- GE Elective Module 2
- Contemporary & Future Contexts in Product Design
- Design for Human & Environment
- Major Design Project 1: Contextual Research & Analysis
- Design Management & Entrepreneurship
- Major Design Project 2: Development & Realisation
- Programme Elective 4
- GE Elective Module 3
- GE Elective Module 4
Remark: Students are required to take the Work-integrated Learning module upon completion of the Year-1 curriculum.