About this course
The BA (Hons) in Business programme is designed to give a clearly structured business education that provides a solid foundation for success in a business career. The course provides a strong grounding in fundamental business concepts, ideas, practices and methodologies.
Law is a vast area of study. Recent high profile domestic cases have focused attention on the need for compliance with legal principles and requirements. These principles dictate the way in which individuals and organisations carry on their daily business. In an increasingly litigious society, businesses rely on employees with appropriate legal knowledge to ensure that business activities are carried on in a manner that is both ethical and fully compliant with all legal requirements. This stream is designed for students intending to pursue a business career in areas where a detailed knowledge of law is useful.
- Honours Bachelor Degrees (Level 8)
- Leaving Certificate
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of grade C3 in two higher-level subjects and grade D3 in four ordinary level subjects, including a language. Some degree programmes will also require a minimum of D3 in ordinary level Maths and /or English. Please see individual course entry requirements for further details.
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of four GCSE passes at grade C to include Maths and English plus two A-level passes at grade C or higher.
- Students applying for any QQI (formerly HETAC) honours/ordinary degree or higher certificate must have obtained a minimum of a BTEC National Diploma in a cognate area.
Note: If you are over 23 years of age on the 1st of January on the year of admission and do not meet the minimum entry requirements, you may apply as a Mature Student. Mature students should apply directly to the Admissions Office at Dublin Business School. Mature students are assessed on the basis of age, work experience, general education standard, motivation and commitment to the programme for which they are applying. Please forward documentation such as any relevant transcripts, a CV or any other related documentation to the Admissions Office. Proof of age such as a copy of driver’s licence or passport must also be submitted.
English Language Requirement:
- For EU or Non EU applicants whose first language is not English an additional requirement is to have achieved a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent to qualify for admission to the Honours Degrees (level 8 programmes) .
- Business Context & Organisation
- Economic Perspectives
- IT Essentials
- Maths & Statistics for Business
- Marketing Essentials
- Communication for Personal Success
- Learning to Learn
- Employability Skills
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Management
- Business Finance
- Business Information Systems
Options (Choose 2)
- Selling & Sales Management
- Project Feasibility
- Project Planning & Control
- Principles of Business Law
- Employee Relations and the Law
- People in Organisations
- Social Psychology
- Employability in Action
- Lifelong Learning
- Strategic Management
- Global Business
- Human Resource Management
Options (Choose 2)
- Performance Management (Accounting)
- Data Management & Analytics
- Services Marketing
- Project Management & Evaluation
- Project Management Techniques
- Advanced Business & Commercial Law
- Corporate Law & Governance
- HR Performance Management
- Human Resource Development
- Individual Differences
- Psychology of Work