About this course
The aim of the MSc in Marketing is to enhance the prospects of its graduates in the job markets and enable them to obtain entry into a variety of roles ranging from junior executive to senior marketing positions in a range of organisations both nationally and internationally. The programme is at Level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications and with the combination of taught and research stage, it provides added value for both learners and employers.The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
- Honours Bachelor Degrees (Level 8)
- Leaving Certificate
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of grade C3 in two higher-level subjects and grade D3 in four ordinary level subjects, including a language. Some degree programmes will also require a minimum of D3 in ordinary level Maths and /or English. Please see individual course entry requirements for further details.
- Applicants must obtain a minimum of four GCSE passes at grade C to include Maths and English plus two A-level passes at grade C or higher.
- Students applying for any QQI (formerly HETAC) honours/ordinary degree or higher certificate must have obtained a minimum of a BTEC National Diploma in a cognate area.
Note: If you are over 23 years of age on the 1st of January on the year of admission and do not meet the minimum entry requirements, you may apply as a Mature Student. Mature students should apply directly to the Admissions Office at Dublin Business School. Mature students are assessed on the basis of age, work experience, general education standard, motivation and commitment to the programme for which they are applying. Please forward documentation such as any relevant transcripts, a CV or any other related documentation to the Admissions Office. Proof of age such as a copy of driver’s licence or passport must also be submitted.
English Language Requirement:
- For EU or Non EU applicants whose first language is not English an additional requirement is to have achieved a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent to qualify for admission to the Honours Degrees (level 8 programmes) .
- Strategic Marketing Management
- The Changing Consumer
- Personal & Professional Development
- Research Methods 1
- Research Methods 2
- Integrated Marketing Communications in a Digital Age
Electives (Choose 2)
- Strategic Selling/Global marketing
- Marketing Innovations
- Developing Digital Media
- Web Marketing Practice