About this course
This programme is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledge & skills in identifying, investigating and examining evidence skills, including the processes in how to identify financial statement misrepresentation, transaction reconstruction, tax evasion and other improper accounting activities.
- Accounting skills for use in litigation - civil, criminal and corporate world.
- Effective oral and written communication skills related to forensic accounting.
- Abilities in building and presenting a fraud case and understanding the impact it can have on an organisation.
- 2 Principal Passes with a minimum Grade C+ (GP 2.33) at STPM level and with a Credit Pass at SPM including Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM; or
- 2 Passes in A-Levels & and a Credit Pass in Mathematics at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE; or
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Jayyid, and credits in Mathematics and a Pass in English at SPM level;
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.5 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level and a Pass in English ; or
- 5 Grade B's in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- Quantitative and Statistical Methods
- Introduction to Management
- Business and Communication Skills
- Financial Accounting 1
- Business Economics
- Islamic Finance
- Financial Accounting 2
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Law
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship Project
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Introduction to taxation
- Financial Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP System
- Corporate Reporting
- Business Research Methods
- Management Accounting Techniques
- Company Law
- Introduction To Forensic Accounting
- Advanced Auditing
At APU, students are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and innovative. After the completion of Level 2, students will undertake a short internship/industrial training of a minimum of 12 weeks. This will provide students opportunities to engage with real-world business problems both in the programmes and in the renowned Professional Training placements.
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Taxation
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Business Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- Advanced Forensic Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting
- Forensic Auditing and Information Technology
- Forensic Accounting and Legal Environment
- Investigation in Forensic Accounting
- Forensic Accounting Project
Note: The specialism will only appear in the academic transcript.