About this course
This programme takes the relationships between media and society to a greater height where students are exposed to various actors, interests and issues that revolve around the media systems. Students will acquire knowledge concerning media policies, industries, audiences, cultures and social concerns. This programme further complements students' conceptual understanding with research, writing, computing and organisational skills that will enhance their competitiveness in the employment market.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade D in 2 relevant subjects
(3) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(4) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track C) or Relevant Diploma
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C/ UEC Grade B in English Language
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Media Writing (Print & Electronic)
- Fundamental of Media Planning
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Print Production
- Introduction to Film
- Malaysia: Religious & Cultural Practices
- Communication Theories
- Communication Research Methods
- Media Audiences OR Visual Communication
- Electronic Media Production
- Media Management
- Content Editing
- Theory of Film
- Statistical Analysis for Communication
- Industrial Attachment
- Politics & the Media
- Online Business & Communication
- Media Studies Project I
- Writing Strategy OR Broadcast Journalism
- Documentary Production OR Comparative Media System
- Media Studies Project II
- Seminar on Issues in Media Communication
- Media Literacy