About this course
Mechanical engineers design and develop everything you think of as a machine from supersonic fighter jets to bicycles to toasters. Many of them specialise in areas such as manufacturing, automation, automotive/transportation and air conditioning. Graduates will be able to analyse their design using the principles of motion, energy, and force to ensure the product functions safely, efficiently, reliably and can be manufactured at a competitive cost.
(1) STPM - Grade C in Physics and one mathematics subject
(2) A Level - Grade D in Physics and Mathematics
(3) UEC - 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics and one mathematics subject
(4) TAR UC - Foundation in Engineering OR Relevant Diploma
(5) Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (5) must include SPM Credit/O Level Grade C/UEC Grade B in English Language and Bahasa Melayu/Malay Language
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Information is correct at the point of printing. Subject to the Ministry of Education latest requirements.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Mechanics / Theory of Machine
- Manufacturing Processes / Automation & Production Systems
- Engineering Drawing & CADD
- Programming for Engineers
- Engineering Materials
- Thermodynamics / Heat Transfer & Fluid Mechanics
- Electric Circuits & Electrical Machines
- Strength of Materials / Mechanics of Solids
- CNC Technology, Industrial Control & Automation
- Control Systems Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Project Management & Finance
- Computer-Aided Engineering / Finite Element Analysis
- Dynamics of Mechanical Systems/ Vibration & Acoustics
- Operation Management / Manufacturing System Design / Quality and Reliability
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanical Instrumentation &Measurement
- Digital Electronics & Microprocessors
- Exergy & Renewable Energy
- Engineer and Society
- Engineering Management / Communication for Engineers
- Project & Dissertation
- Industrial Training
- Capstone Project
Total Credit: 142