About this course
This programme is a multi-disciplinary blend with Management Mathematics as the major, Computing as the minor and Business Management as the associate study. Management Mathematics covers mathematical techniques for business management, including resource allocation and planning, optimisation, project management, quantitative decision, applied statistics, quality control and financial mathematics. Computing courses prepare students for software design and development including skills on programming and information management.
This programme also prepares graduates to branch into other disciplines for further academic pursuit such as master in business management, statistics, and information technology.
It also lays the foundation for graduates to achieve further professional qualifications in actuary, financial planning, financial analysis and risk management.
(1) STPM - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(2) A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
(3) UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
(4) Other IHL : Foundation relevant accredited by MQA
(5) TAR UC - Foundation in Computing (Track A) OR Relevant Diploma
i) (1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) (1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Bachelor Degree.
b) TAR UC Diploma will be accepted on credit transfer into Bachelor Degree programmes.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Discrete Mathematics
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear Algebra
- Advanced Calculus
- Numerical Methods
- Mathematical and Statistical Software
- Problem Solving and Programming
- Database Management
- Computer Organisation and Architecture
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Operating Systems
- IT Fundamentals
- Visual Programming
- Industrial Training
- Mathematical Statistics
- Applied Statistics
- Operations Research I
- Financial Mathematics
- Operations Research II
- Quality Control
- Accounting Methods I
- Accounting Methods II
- Further Applied Statistics
- Mathematics for Computer Science
- Advanced Financial Mathematics
- Graph Theory and Applications
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Software Engineering
- Social and Professional Issues
- Web Design and Development
- Digital Multimedia
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- System Analysis and Design
- Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Business Intelligence