About this course
This programme provides students with broad base knowledge in financial accounting & reporting, management accounting, finance, economics, management, taxation, auditing, law and information technology & systems. It provides a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills necessary for a career in accountancy and finance at the semi-professional level as well as for graduates of this Diploma to further their education and training to be qualified professional accountants.
The Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting) has been accredited by professional bodies such as ACCA and CIMA.
(1) SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2) O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3) UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4) Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
i) (1), (2) or (3) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) (1), (2) or (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E(Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Principles of Accounting
- Quantitative Studies
- Principles of Management
- IT Fundamentals and Applications
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Taxation
- Information and IT Security
- Decision Management
- Financial Accounting Framework
- Fundamentals of Auditing
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Business & Corporate Law
- Business Strategy
- Performance Management
- Advanced Taxation
- Advanced Accounting Practice
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Practical Training
- Corporate Reporting & Current Issues
- Services Marketing
- Integrated Mangement
English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, *Co-curricular
*Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any semester of the study
Integrated Case Study
- Public Sector Accounting
- Accounting Theory & Practice
- Services Marketing
- Elective I
- Elective II & Elective III