About this course
This programme provides students with broad base knowledge in financial accounting & reporting, management accounting, finance, economics, management, taxation, auditing, law and information technology & systems. It provides a wide spectrum of knowledge and skills necessary for a career in accountancy and finance at the semi-professional level as well as for graduates of this Diploma to further their education and training to be qualified professional accountants.
The Diploma in Accounting has been accredited by professional bodies such as ACCA and CIMA.
(1) SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2) O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3) UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4) Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
i) (1), (2) or (3) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) (1), (2) or (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E(Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Information is correct at the point of printing. Subject to the Ministry of Education latest requirements
- Financial Accounting I
- Quantitative Studies
- Financial Accounting II
- IT Fundamentals and Applications
- Introduction to Business
- Taxation I
- Principles of Finance
- Taxation II
- Cost and Management Accounting I
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Financial Accounting III
- Cost and Management Accounting II
- Financial Management
- Business Law
- Computerized Accounting Systems
- Digital Literacy for Accounting
- Financial Accounting IV
- Corporate Law & Governance
- Principles of Auditing