About this course
The hospitality industry is diverse in nature and provides abundant job opportunities worldwide. This programme is designed with an objective to adapt students with the ability to cope in the dynamic hospitality environment. Students will not only acquire practical skills in food and beverage operations and rooms division operations, but also managerial skills during their studies and hence when they graduate, they will be highly employable globally and locally.
SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
Certificate - Relevant Certificate accreditated by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/ Technical/ Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language**
**Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have a t least a past in Sejarah.
- Economics for Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Food and Beverage Management
- Food Preparation I (Practicum)
- Hospitality Accounting
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Hotel Management and Operations
- Food Preparation II (Practicum)
- Restaurant Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Front Office Management
- Principles of Management & Human Resource
- Hospitality Law
- Baking and Pastry
- Industrial Attachment
- Kitchen Management & Sanitation
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Social & Work Etiquette, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, French Language I / Japanese Language I / Korean Language I, English for Communication, French Language II / Japanese Language II / Korean Language II, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular courses