About this course
This programme aims to provide students a holistic exposure of media especially in this era of convergence. Students will have greater understanding of the mass media – their functions, impact and future direction. Students will also acquire writing, speaking and audio-visual production skills that enhance their employment for the multifaceted media industries.
(1)SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2)O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3)UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4)Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA or relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government
(1), (2) and (3) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C/ UEC Grade B in English Language
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Chinese Writing for the Mass Media OR Introduction to Drama
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Malaysia: Cultural & Religious Practices
- Film & Society
- Mass Media & Society
- Introduction to Advertising
- Public Relations
- Public Opinion & Persuasion
- Radio & DJ
- The Modern Electronic Media
- Malaysian Constitutional Framework& Policies
- Communication Law
- Production & Publication
- Media Planning
- Writing for the Mass Media
- Translation: BM, English & Chinese OR Translation: BM & English
- Media Ethics
- Basic Photography
- Industrial Attachment
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for Communication, Social and Work Etiquette, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, English for IELTS, Co-curricular
*Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any semester of the study