About this course
Equipping students with fundamental know-hows of practical and analytical skills in software engineering and development, this programe also adds on some managerial skills and innovation in recognising business opportunities beyond the educational atmosphere to encourage life-long learning.
**This course intake is open for Sabah campus only.
(1) SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2) O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3) UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4) Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government
i) (1), (2) and (3) SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics-/ UEC Grade B in one mathematics subject
ii) (1), (2) and (3) SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Programming Concepts and Design I
- Information Technology
- Fundamental Mathematics
- Web Design and Development
- Programming Concepts and Design II
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Introduction to Interface Design
- Database Development and Applications
- General Mathematics
- Probability and Statistics
- Software Engineering I
- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Software Engineering II
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Introduction to Software Testing
- Industrial Training
Electives (Choose 2):
- Web Systems and Technologies
- Software Requirements Engineering I
- Software Requirements Engineering II
- Fundamentals of Computer Networks
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, English for Communication, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public Speaking and Co-curricular