About this course
For the Bachelor Administration (Honours) majoring in Business Analytics, students will study, analyse and interpret the big data of organizations and businesses. Business Analytics is about exploring and inspecting data from the past and using it to formulate business and marketing plans for the future. Nowadays this is an important part of management science and there is increasing demand for Business Analytics professionals.
Business Analytics is based on data and statistical methods. It focuses on using a set of metrics to investigate the past performance of a company in order to gain valuable insight, predict trends and carry out business planning and decision-making for the future. When used effectively, Business Analytics can assist companies to optimize their performance.
This course trains students in 4 main areas: Decision Analytics, Descriptive Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analytics.
As skilled Business Analytics professionals, our graduates have a range of attractive job opportunities available in organisations such as Multi-National Companies (MNCs), Retailers, Manufacturers, IT firms, Telecom companies, E-Commerce firms, Consultancies and Business Analytics and Intelligence firms.
Upon completion of the programme, our graduates may assume roles as a: Business Analyst, Business Strategist, Data Analyst, Project Manager, Data Mining Specialist, or Data Warehousing Specialist.
- Pass in STPM with minimum of CGPA 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
- Pass A-level with a minimun of Gred D in any 2 subjects and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
- Pass in Matriculation or Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government; or
- Pass in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least B Grade in five (5) subjects including English; or
- Pass International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with minimum score of 30 points; or
- A Pass in Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from the universities/colleges which is recognized by MQA; or
- Equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Malaysian Government
English Proficiency Requirements
- IELTS Band 5.5 / Pre-U or Secondary Education undertaken in English medium. (Students without TOEFL and IELTS are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme offered by the University)
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is two (2) years from the date of the award.