About this course
Bachelor of Management majoring in Sports Management is designed to prepare you for a career in sports management, sports marketing and event management. With a basic knowledge of business and specialization in sports administration, you will be exposed to the business that goes on behind the scenes.
With the increasing importance of sport on the national and international stage, or even as a hobby for social interaction, fitness and health, the sports industry provides numerous career paths for those with relevant qualifications in business and sports administration. Once you earn a Bachelor of Management majoring in Sports Management, you will have a wide range of skills and knowledge for a number of careers in various organisations in the private and public sectors. You can join a professional sports team as a Manager, work in a college athletics or sports department, be employed in Sports Media, Sports Marketing, Merchandising, Event Management, Leisure and Recreational Services, as well as have many more rewarding opportunities in this emerging global industry.
- Pass in STPM with minimum of CGPA 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
- Pass A-level with a minimun of Gred D in any 2 subjects and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification;
- Pass in Matriculation or Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government; or
- Pass in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least B Grade in five (5) subjects including English; or
- Pass International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with minimum score of 30 points; or
- A Pass in Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from the universities/colleges which is recognized by MQA; or
- Equivalent qualification which is recognized by the Malaysian Government
English Proficiency Requirements
- IELTS Band 5.5 / Pre-U or Secondary Education undertaken in English medium. (Students without TOEFL and IELTS are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme offered by the University)
- The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is two (2) years from the date of the award.