Studying abroad is exciting! But when you get to the monetary part, you will realise that you need to have enough funds to not only cover your tuition fees, but your living cost and expenses too.
With not a single clue on how to begin searching for international student scholarships in a foreign country, your plans to study overseas look bleak..
You’re not alone. In fact, 78% of international students reported that scholarships and grants play a huge part in their decision to study abroad. In fact, up to 45% of them need a fully-funded scholarship to do so!
We would love to see you study abroad and chase your dreams to your heart’s content.
Hence, we recommend Malaysia as your study abroad destination.
But first - why Malaysia?
Image source: Pexels
- The country offers great career progression for international students.
- You can converse in English comfortably in this English-speaking country.
- Malaysian universities are placed in global rankings for higher education institutions.
- 170,000 international students call Malaysia their second home, and so should you!
- Bahasa Melayu (Malay language) is not hard to learn at all.
- Malaysia is the 16th safest country in the world for international students. (Global Peace Index, 2019).
- Local universities are generous with Malaysia international scholarships.
Here are some universities in Malaysia that offer scholarships to international students.
Scholarships in Malaysia for International Students
Undergraduate Scholarships in Malaysia for International Students
- MMU International Student Entrance Scholarship
- MMU Merit (International) Scholarship
- MMU International Student Rebates
- Scholarships & Merit Awards
- High Achiever Award (for new students)
- Sports Scholarship
- Bursaries for Indonesian Students
- Medicine Bursary
- Alumni Bursary
- Sibling Discount
(Bursary = financial aid or a sum of money to help students pursue higher education)
- Foundation Excellence Award
- Foundation Progression Discount
- High Achiever’s Scholarship (Undergraduate Programme)
- Alumni Discount
- Family Discount
- High Achievers Scholarship
- Dean’s Excellence Scholarships
- Alumni Scholarships
- Sports & Arts Scholarships
Postgraduate Scholarships in Malaysia for International Students
Multimedia University (MMU)
- Achievers Research Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree Scholarships & Merit Awards
Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia Campus
- MSc Petroleum Engineering Waiver
University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus
- Faculty of Arts & Social Science Taught Postgraduate Scholarship
- Future Leaders Award
- Bursaries for International Students
Malaysia Government Scholarship (Postgraduate Only)
Offered by the Malaysian Ministry of Education, the Malaysia Government Scholarship is dedicated to international students seeking postgraduate scholarships in Malaysia. The purpose is to encourage international students to further their studies in Malaysia after completing their undergraduate programmes.
Some universities involved in this scholarship scheme are:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
Check out these guides about subjects offered in Malaysia.