Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- Satisfactory completion of Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%;
- A minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0;
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 75 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20;
- Pearson (PTE) 50 (no communicative skills less than 50);
- Other equivalent qualifications,
On successful completion of the Bachelor of Media and Communication, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, conceptual understanding, technical skills and expertise in the broad field of media and communication.
- Formulate arguments that draw on and critique the differences between relevant theories and evidence as they pertain to the field of media and communication.
- Exercise initiative and judgment in planning, problem-solving and decision-making in professional practice and/or scholarship, individually and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrate critical analysis, creativity and problem-solving in relation to a range of media and communication activities and processes.
- Recognise and reflect on social, cultural, legal and ethical issues relating to media and communication industries in local and international contexts.
- Apply a broad understanding of an audience through interpreting and communicating ideas, problems and arguments in a range of media and communication contexts and formats, using the English language.
- Reflect critically on their performance and/or scholarship and use this to improve their own creative and productive outcomes.
- Apply research methodology relevant to the field of media and communication.