About this course
- Students are equipped with professional knowledge and practical skills of wine and beverage, and catering industry, initially at paraprofessional level.
- After obtaining professional qualifications and undergone industrial attachments, graduates may pursue a career in the wine and beverage or catering industry; or articulate to bachelor degree in either local or overseas universities; and / or articulate to further professional qualifications in their areas of interest.
- Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
- IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
- IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent.
- Food and Beverage Service and Operations
- Wines and Spirits
- Chinese Restaurant Operations Management
- Western Restaurant Operations Management
- Professional Bar Operations Management
- Wine and Beverage Distribution and Retail Management
- Principles of Economics and Global Financial Environment
- Vocational English & Putonghua
- Asian Rice Liquors #
- Arts of Beer #
- Arts of Cheese #
- Arts of Chinese Tea #
- Arts of Coffee #
- Event Planning and Operations Management
- Alcoholic Beverage Production and Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Management in International Wine Business Operations
- Industrial Attachment*
# Enrichment module plus 2 electives from 5 modules (maximum 3 modules)
* Depending on the job nature and study programme, the industrial attachment will be arranged at an appropriate time during the period of study