About this course
The Master in Strategic Human Resource Management programme prepares graduates to be human resource managers who are capable of formulating human resource strategies that promote sustainable growth and development of expertise in organisations.
- To enable graduates to articulate and apply human resource management theories and adopt the principles and best practices relevant to their organisation.
- To enable graduates to perform as effective human capital managers in both public and private sectors.
- To enable graduates to formulate, communicate, and implement strategic thinking processes involving cross-cultural communication and sensitivity to the needs of different cultures.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge in the areas of human resource management for both localised setting and international environment.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant expertise and skills to provide leadership in strategic human resource management.
- Ability to engage in strategic and critical thinking with analytical, evaluative, and problem solving skills when making strategic human resource management decisions.
- Ability to engage in effective cross-cultural communication skills and sensitive to social responsibility in a multicultural setting.
- Ability to articulate ethical issues in strategic human resource management as well as to provide leadership in social responsibility.
- Ability to lead and engage in lifelong learning at individual, group, and institutional levels.
- A Bachelor's degree with honours from UNIRAZAK or its equivalent from an institution of higher learning recognised by the Malaysian government. Applicants for executive and taught postgraduate programmes should normally have a minimum CGPA of 2.75 but candidates with a Bachelor's degree whose CGPA is below the minimum requirement of 2 years of relevant working experience in respective fields can be considered.
- A minimum score of 575 for a paper-based total or 232 for a computer-based total or 90 for an Internet based total for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)*; or
- A minimum score of Band 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*; or
- A minimum required proficiency on UNIRAZAK Postgraduate English Proficiency Test; or
- A recognised first degree undertaken in English medium; or
- Successful completion of Intensive English Programme (IEP) at the Advanced level conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL).
- Organisational Theory & Structure
- Organisational Psychology
- Leadership Training & Development
- Industrial Relations Management
- Malaysian Employment and Industrial Relations Law
- Compensation Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Human Capital Development
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Quantitative Methods in HRM
- Research Methods in HRM
- Knowledge Management
- Organisational Development and Change
- Performance Management
- Management of Occupational Safety and Health
- Project Paper