A typical offer is outlined below:
- 5 GCSEs at grades A–C including mathematics and English language
- 3 A levels to include biology and one other science, which can include chemistry, physics, psychology, PE or a sports A level with a high scientific content
- Students with A Levels are typically given the following offer: BBC with a B grade in Biology
We also accept a Level three BTEC with a strong science element to the diploma. A typical offer is: Distinction, Merit, Merit (with a Distinction in the biology unit)
An Access programme allied to medicine will also gain entry onto our M.Ost programmes, please enquire with the admissions team for further details.
We encourage applications from mature candidates and/or those with a non-standard educational background and we can credit work and life experience.
Years 1 & 2:
- Foundation knowledge of physiology, anatomy, psychology, sociology,
- Research strategies and professional practice
- Osteopathic technqiues
- Developing Osteopathic Practice – this module brings the theoretical knowledge to life, allowing you to apply the facts to osteopathic clinical situations.
Years 3 & 4:
- Pregnant women
- People who are homeless
- Older patients
- Babies and children
- NHS patients
- People with HIV and AIDS