January April September
Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- Graduate Applicants: Medicine and Veterinary Science graduates are accepted. BSc degrees must contain at least the equivalent Biology which would be expected of an A Level applicant with grades B in this subject, and be achieved at 2.1 Honours standard or higher.
- A Levels: ABB from three full A Levels (18 units) including Biology, and excluding the General Paper and Critical Thinking, GCSEs should include Chemistry and Biology or higher tier dual award Science, English, Maths and a minimum of two other subjects at Grade C or above
- Scottish Qualification: AABBB at Higher Grade including Biology. Mathematics and English Language required at grade 2 Standard Grade (or Intermediate 2 equivalent) if not offered at Higher Grade.
- International Baccalaureate: A minimum of 34 points in IB Diploma including Biology at Higher level grade 5 or above.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: A1A1B1B1B at Higher Level, to include Biology, Chemistry, English and Maths. Excluding Irish.
- Access Qualification: For candidates offering Access to HE courses awarded by an AVA licensed by the QAA, with modules in Biological Sciences, and a minimum 45 points at Level 3 are required at Distinction grade. At least 15 level 3 credits should have been obtained in Biological Sciences. Similarly with Higher Education Foundation Courses (HEFC) modules must include Human Biology, and all achieved at Distinction grade.
- Dental Nursing Qualification: This is not an accepted entry qualification for this course.
- Cambridge Pre-U: D3,M2,M2 in Principal Subjects including Biology. AAAAA at GCSE including Biology and Chemistry or AA in Dual Award Science also required.
- PARTNERS - A Levels: BBB including Biology at grade B. AAAAA at GCSE including Biology and Chemistry or AA in Dual Award Science also required. The PARTNERS Programme is Newcastle University’s supported entry route for students from identified schools and colleges.
- PARTNERS - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): This is not an accepted entry qualification for this course. The PARTNERS Programme is Newcastle University’s supported entry route for students from identified schools and colleges.
- English Language Requirements: For this degree you will need a minimum score of IELTS 7.0 or equivalent - with not less than 7.0 in any of the four domains is required for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Information on degree structure is not currently available. Information will be published here as soon as it becomes available.