- A Level: Must include passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).
With the broad range of core skills we teach, we believe you’ll have the confidence and self-assurance to express your own vision in an outstanding way.
In the first year, you’ll explore drawing and printmaking techniques and learn the fundamentals of animated movement, with the help of life drawing classes, to make your animations full of life. You’ll put all this together to create a single showcase animation.
In year two, you’ll start developing your professional practice by responding as a team to a client brief, and you’ll develop your independence with an experimental project – maybe an art film or music video.
Your final-year major project will be your choice, using your methods. It could be, say, your own animated short or a film with accompanying illustrated book. It will be your calling card, telling the world who you are and what you do.
So you’ll follow a professional workflow as animator/writer/director with your tutors acting as your producer to ensure your film has a professional finish and is as individual as you are.