- A Level: Including passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF).
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
Note: We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).
The course has a common first year with the other business management courses and is designed to give you a broad understanding of business fundamentals. In addition to HR, you’ll study organisational and financial management, economics, marketing, innovation and entrepreneurship.
In your final two years, you’ll explore a wide range of HR theories and practices, learning from academic staff who have practical, hands-on experience in HR management and consultancy and whose research into the latest trends and thinking will inform your studies.
The topics you will learn include:
- How companies recruit and retain the best staff
- Best practice in employee relations
- Employment law
- How companies develop their staff and manage their talent
- Managing a diverse and global workforce
- Planning skills
- Ethics in the workplace.
Whatever your career goals, you’ll learn how to solve problems, communicate effectively, analyse data, manage a project and work as part of a team.