- A Level: Must include passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 27 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
Note: We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths (See below for accepted equivalences)
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).
In year one, you’ll develop your critical skills while studying theatre from around the world. You’ll also learn techniques of storytelling and monologue and be assessed in your performance.
During your second year, you’ll hone your skills in both devising theatre and acting. As a group, you’ll put together a performance piece. In the second term, you’ll be joined by exchange students from Columbia College, Chicago, bringing an international flavour to your collaborations.
In your third year, we’ll help you find and make the most of an extended placement with a theatre company or arts organisation.
You’ll also develop a final piece of theatre that you’ll perform in public and write a dissertation on the area of drama and theatre that most interests you.
- World Performance
- Reading & Writing Performance
- Participatory Performance Practices
- Performing the City
- Politics of Performance & Memory
- Cultural Entrepreneurship: Staging Events
- Urban Interventions: Community Engagement & Performance
- Applied Performance
- Staging Philosophies
- Research Project: dissertation
- Professional Practice: placement
- Final Practical Project: Either a solo performance, a site specific performance, a student-led project or a script-writing project