- A Level: Must include two passes at A2 Level in Social Sciences or Humanities-related subjects
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- CACHE: Level 3 Extended Diploma for Children and Young People's Workforce (QCF) / Level 3 Diploma in Child Care and Education
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).
Our Early Childhood and Special Education course prepares you to be a thoughtful and flexible early-years professional, with particular skills in looking after children with additional needs.
Across both subjects, you’ll examine the complexities of family life and the elements that shape children’s development from conception onwards.
You’ll explore the significance of early childhood across different cultures and societies – and your studies will be given greater resonance by the diversity, not only of our teaching staff but also of your fellow students on the course.
Our course will take you on a journey of discovery through the complex area of special educational needs and disabilities.
You’ll learn about every aspect of the subject, including autism, speech, language and communication, challenging behaviour, disabilities and dyslexia.
As well as these issues, we’ll also tackle attempts to improve Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) provision in depth, such as taking therapeutic approaches to education.