- A Level: Must include two passes at A2 Level in Social Sciences or Humanities-related subjects
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- CACHE: Level 3 Extended Diploma for Children and Young People's Workforce (QCF) / Level 3 Diploma in Child Care and Education
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).
Early Childhood Education and Care covers childhood development and sociology and also the business and provision of early childcare - both nationally and in community-based projects.
It prepares you to be a thoughtful and flexible early years practitioner and gives you the appropriate skills to run organisations yourself.
You’ll focus on the history of early childhood education and care as well as the development of care provision within the community.
You’ll explore early years learning in different environments such as the family and the community. Other subjects include the early years curriculum and areas such as play and creativity.
There’s a wide range of modules available on this course to cater for your specific interests. Core modules include: Children in their Social Contexts; Children with Additional Needs and Children’s Health; Social Policy for Children and Families; and Leading and Managing Partnerships in the Early Years.
Your third-year placement in a local organisation will help you to produce your research-based dissertation on early childhood.