- A Level: Must include passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking (or recognised equivalent).
We’ll teach you how to make the best images both in the studio and on location as you also delve into the history of your subject and research photographic practice.
In the first of your three years here you’ll build confidence in your photographic techniques and equipment, learning subjects such as light balance, lens use and darkroom skills.
Your second year concentrates more on the different genres of photography and their place in today’s world. Then, you’ll be ready for your major final-year project, building the specialist portfolio of your work which could be the passport to a career in photography.
In between, you could enter a photography competition. In 2014, our students finished first, second and third in Canon’s national portraiture contest for students.
Study trips abroad are arranged, too, such as visits to Helsinki’s Aalto University and to Paris Photo, the annual international art fair of photography in the French capital.