- A Level: Must include passes at A2 in at least one subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications accepted by the university.
Note: We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths (See below for accepted equivalences)
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).
In your first year, you’ll look at the basic theoretical and practical aspects of games design and development. One day you could be deconstructing Asteroids or Pac-Man, the next creating your own board game. You’ll be learning about graphics and prototyping production techniques as well as games theory.
In your second year, you’ll concentrate on more detailed games design as well as studying games research methods. You’ll also get the chance to apply your developing knowledge by working for a live client.
You’ll gain valuable insights into all aspects of professional practice. It’s not just about designing games but about communicating your ideas properly, so you’ll take part in presentations and pitches.
In your final year, you’ll complete an individual research and dissertation project. A group of you will also conceptualise, design and develop an original game to give you a proper feel for how the games industry works.
At the same time, you’ll be putting the final touches to your final professional portfolio to ensure you are in the best possible position after your graduate.
- Academic Development
- Independent Project
- Creative Digital Practice
- London and Literature
- Reporting London
- London and History
- Media, Culture and Society
- Visual Communication
- Digital Content Design
- Introduction to Gameplay Development
- Games Design
- Games Programming 1
- Professional Practice
- Digital Media Research Methods and Concepts
- Gameplay Events and Level Design
- Games Programming 2
- Games Studio
- Targeted Games Design
- Dynamic Gameplay