- A Level: Including passes at A2 in at least 1 subject.
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF)
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level and must include Maths at Higher Level
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
Note: We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
English Language Requirements:
- Overall IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).
The Computing for Business course is either three years full-time, four years with an optional one-year work placement or five years part-time. We’re fully accredited by the British Computer Society, the chartered institute for IT, so our course will set you on the path to become a Chartered IT Professional (CITP).
In your first year, you’ll cover core components of computing in business such as information systems modelling and design, programming, web technologies and network systems. Our practical approach to learning will ensure you get plenty of hands-on experience.
You’ll also complete a year-long project of your choice in your final year, with the chance to work with others nationally and internationally.
There’s also the option to undertake a year-long industrial placement after your second year, usually paid. We have long-standing links with many well-known employers who can offer you a worthwhile placement. Like many of our students, you could go on to gain permanent employment with your placement organisation.