- A Level: Including passes at A2 in at least three subjects. Must include one subject in Maths/PE/Biology/Chemistry/Physics with minimum Grade B
- BTEC: Extended Diploma (QCF) or Diploma (QCF) in relevant subjects, or at least Merit in relevant subjects
- International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 24 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level.
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the university.
English Language Qualifications:
- Overall IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in Writing and Speaking; minimum 5.5 in Reading and Listening (or recognised equivalent).
This course will give you all the knowledge you’ll need to become confident and assured in five key areas of sports therapy – prevention of injuries, recognition and evaluation, management, rehabilitation and education.
You’ll start by learning all about biomechanics (discovering how the human body moves), anatomy, first aid for sport and sports massage. We’ll introduce you to research skills and methods that you’ll end up using to complete an independent research project in your final year.
In your second year you’ll learn the finer points of manual therapy as well as how to make nutritional assessments and analyse movement. In your final year, you’ll specialise more and study advanced first aid, including how to remove a casualty safely from the field of play.
Your final independent research project will be your opportunity to make a detailed study of an area of injury prevention or therapy that particularly interests you.