Total tuition fee (local)
Contact the university / college
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- Mathematics grade B
- We require all applicants for undergraduate programmes to demonstrate a good general education, which includes acceptable levels of literacy and numeracy
- International students must have an internationally-recognised English language qualification.
- Year One includes a four-day Surveying field course and a one-week full-time CDIO project, where teams of students work together to design, build and test a small scale bridge. You will study mathematics relevant to engineering, Structural materials, Solids and Structures, Computer-Aided Drawing and Design, and will be introduced to the principles of management for the construction industry. Site visits are integral to the programme, as are various individual and group design exercises including an opportunity to design your own full-scale bridge.
- An exciting part of the second year of our programme is a week of real, hands on construction experience at ‘The Constructionarium’. The Constructionarium takes place at a two hectare site, specifically designed and built to provide a range of challenging teaching and learning conditions for students. (There is an additional cost of up to £300 for the Constructionarium).
- The programme gives you the opportunity to undertake an individual research project in your final year and you can choose particular areas of specialisation from a broad range of optional modules including Town Planning, Traffic Design and Management, Design and Construction of Roads and Airfields, Applied Hydrology, Foundation Engineering, Structural Steelwork, Timber and Masonry, Coastal and Estuarine Processes and many more.