- 280 UCAS tariff points
- GCSE English and maths at grade C or above
*If you are a mature students wishing to apply you will be considered on an individual basis. Your professional, work and life experiences and your ability to engage with and benefit from the course will be taken into account.
- IELTS at 6.0 or above and a minimum of 5.5 for each of the 4 individual components (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening).
Year 1 (Level 4)
- Classical Sociology: Themes and Perspectives
- Investigating Society and Culture I
- Social Problems
- Social Institutions
- Diversity, Crime and Justice
- Social and Cultural Identities.
Year 2 (Level 5)
- Contemporary Sociology: Themes and Perspectives
- Reflections on Work in the Sociological Field
- A Sociology of Deviance
- Media, Crime and Culture
- Political Ideas and Ideologies
- Investigating Society and Culture II.
Year 3 (Level 6)
- The Global Age.
Plus three options from:
- Applied Sociology
- Collective Identities and Social Movements
- A Sociology of Sport
- Religion and Society
- Human Rights and Social Justice
- Gender and Sexuality
- Race, Ethnicity and Nationality
- Cyber Society
- Popular Culture