The course is divided into units which includes:
- Health & Safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles and processes for building services engineering
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.